Major Procurement Project For Inverness Castle
This week sees Highland Council publish the main construction and refurbishment tenders for the Inverness Castle Transformation project, through Public Contracts Scotland (PCS). The tenders are part of the master plan for Inverness Castle to become a tourism gateway, as the centerpiece to the Highlands.
The planned construction will include:
– Opening the original front entrance to the building in the south tower.
– Improving accessibility to all parts of the building, including a rooftop viewing area.
– Additions to the building including a new café space between the north and south towers of the Castle.
– Creating new external viewing terraces including one on the roof of the building above the main door in the south tower. Upgrading the environment around the Castle with significant landscaping works.
– Careful conservation of the building fabric throughout.
This tender process is the next step following the completion of recent enabling works.
The Inverness and Highland City Region Deal is a joint initiative supported by up to £315m investment from the UK and Scottish governments, The Highland Council, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and University of the Highlands and Islands, aimed at stimulating sustainable regional economic growth.
The plan is for Inverness Castle to become a gateway for Highland tourism, as part of Covid recovery, delivering stimulus into a severely impacted leisure industry. The project will support economic growth throughout the Highland area and reinvigorate an iconic tourist attraction.
Links to the tender documents can be found here:
Sign up for your own daily alert of government buying opportunities at openopps.com.
To talk to us about your government procurement data needs, drop us a line.
More Than Half Of Australia’s Procurement Is Uncompetitive
Our story. Reinventing a business.
UK and Central America Increase Trade Ties
New Canadian Government Opportunities For Indigenous Businesses
Will Europe Get Stricter On Procurement?
Has Protectionism Found A New Home?
The Right Data In The Right Place
Slovenia Strides Forward With Procurement Improvements
South Korea Targets SME Growth Through Health Procurement
New Carbon Reporting To Impact 1,000 Suppliers
Trade, Policy And Procurement Meet Again.
McGowan Government Enhances Aboriginal Procurement Policy
Are Trade Agencies Becoming More Like Hedge Funds?
Meeting The Research Challenge
US Consults On Social Procurement
Compelling research, insights and data directly into your inbox.