Major Procurement Project For Inverness Castle
This week sees Highland Council publish the main construction and refurbishment tenders for the Inverness Castle Transformation project, through Public Contracts Scotland (PCS). The tenders are part of the master plan for Inverness Castle to become a tourism gateway, as the centerpiece to the Highlands.
The planned construction will include:
– Opening the original front entrance to the building in the south tower.
– Improving accessibility to all parts of the building, including a rooftop viewing area.
– Additions to the building including a new café space between the north and south towers of the Castle.
– Creating new external viewing terraces including one on the roof of the building above the main door in the south tower. Upgrading the environment around the Castle with significant landscaping works.
– Careful conservation of the building fabric throughout.
This tender process is the next step following the completion of recent enabling works.
The Inverness and Highland City Region Deal is a joint initiative supported by up to £315m investment from the UK and Scottish governments, The Highland Council, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and University of the Highlands and Islands, aimed at stimulating sustainable regional economic growth.
The plan is for Inverness Castle to become a gateway for Highland tourism, as part of Covid recovery, delivering stimulus into a severely impacted leisure industry. The project will support economic growth throughout the Highland area and reinvigorate an iconic tourist attraction.
Links to the tender documents can be found here:
Sign up for your own daily alert of government buying opportunities at openopps.com.
To talk to us about your government procurement data needs, drop us a line.
MoD £2 Billion in Nuclear Contracts.
New Support For Canadian SME Traders.
Progressive Procurement Yields Results
Cutting Carbon Is A Procurement Issue
OECD: Promoting Gender Equality Through Procurement
Progress In The Open Government National Action Plan
Analysis Is A Service.
Consultants Still Winning Huge Government Contracts.
Two Solutions To A Hard Problem
Public Procurement Has A Big Problem
Ukrainian Invasion & UK Procurement
Aviation Procurement Inquiry
EU Medical Procurement Recommendations
You Can Shove Our Data……
Compelling research, insights and data directly into your inbox.